The engine has undergone a 3 year intensive design and development program, and is designed and manufactured using state of the art 3-d parametric design tools and CNC manufacturing equipment.
Key aspects of the development program include :
- Crankshaft counterweight and bearing force analysis
- 1-d Computer Simulation of engine breathing processes, analysis into air-box, intake system, camshaft and exhaust design. Indi
- Dynamometer verification and optimisation of intake system design, camshaft development, exhaust design, fuel injector location, crankcase pressure.
- On-track testing in speedway racing application in multiple configurations.
- Continuing development with larger engine capacities, power curve development, engine controls, fuel system configuration, additional modularity for ease of installation.
- Front engine, rear drive Installation
- Mid Engine / Hewland FTR Installation
- Integration with PaddleShift ECU controlled gearshift systems
- Traction Control / Datalogging integration.
- Reliability / Endurance
- Development Phase, Dynamometer, Track Testing and Racing, 2006 to 2008
- International Midget Series Feature Winner, Auckland Jan 2008
- Australian Speedcar Championship Winner, Perth Feb 2008
- Fastest Qualifier, Magic Man 34 Speedcars, Perth Nov 2008, new lap record
- First Customer Engine Deliveries, October 2008
- Hyper DSN390 Commissioned March 2009
- Juno SSV8 Commissioned October 2009
- Winner Magic Man 34 November 2009, new lap and race record
- A-main Qualifiers (2 cars) Chili Bowl Midget Nationals 2010